prospecting for customers

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:04:44 -0600

David,

When I used BellSouth YP a few years ago, I had my home residence number
listed in the YP and was not required to have a separate business line. It
probably varies according to the telco.

We're drifting from the main point...which is that Marshall needs to
understand that YP is not going to get him any immediate customers. As
someone else pointed out, they don't print those things often. What will
work is getting in front of people (once your skills are adequate).
Unfortunately, no one is going to call someone they don't know about, and
the only way to get known is to get out and meet some people. It's hard, but
it's free and it works.

John Formsma

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Love
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:54 PM
To: 'Pianotech List'
Subject: RE: prospecting for customers

Your standard Ma Bell type yellow pages not only requires a phone line but a
business phone (differentiated from a residence phone) which are more
expensive.  There are probably directories in which you can simply buy
advertising, but the directories that are distributed by the phone companies
get the broadest circulation and use.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net