A440 VS A442

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:23:19 -0500

Horace Greeley wrote:

> There is another alternative, of course, and that is to have a second
> D...don't laugh, it's been done more than once.

Ron, I have the pleasure of having a Baldwin SD at 442 - ready for this
requirement. Usually, I find that orchestras from Europe are the ones
requesting this. When they see the Baldwin, almost all of them scoff at
first - and then after some prodding and encouraging to play it, they're
ok with it - it's at 442, and even though it's not a Steinway(usually a
requirement in their rider), the piano is a darn good one.

Yes, I have a Steinway D at 440 at the hall also...like Horace said,
it's been done.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)