Grand High Treble Sitting Position, was: Tuning Hammer

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:21:05 -0600

I usually stand for the treble and lean over somewhat. Sitting on the side
is a good idea if there's room.

You could tune left handed - I have to do that with a Yamaha C7 100 year
anniversary piano. (The very modern looking one with the computer and
plexiglass lids.) There is not enough clearance to tune right handed because
of the lid that covers the pinblock area. I probably should start tuning at
least the treble sections left handed, but it's easier to keep doing it with
the right.

John Formsma

  _____