broken Steinway lyre braces

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:14:30 EST

Patrick writes:

<<  howabout Steinway actually take an interest in one of the few things

their competitors are better at, and change the system to make it similar

to lets say... Yamaha! -

Greetings,
     The Steinway lyre system is easily the most solid pedal assembly I have
seen.  Its rigidity and connection with the instrument are what they are
because of its construction.  I wish all pianos would take the trouble and expense
to put performance first.  I have yet to see a screwed on bracket stand up to
heavy use without loosening.
     The Steinway system is also simple to install, no need for extra arms.
Just a simple wooden wedge will hold the pedal box up so that the plates are
engaged while you install the sticks.  It is then a piece of cake to simply
hold the una corda lever out of the way and slide the whole thing back 1 inch.
This is easy and the results are bullet-proof.
Ed Foote RPT