VT pitch raising tip--was

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:50:53 -0600

> Yeah, yeah, I know. I've done plenty of aural tuning, and I like my aural
> work just fine. But, the truth is that I just don't tune as fast aurally as
> I can with the VT and get the same results. It has come down to time, and
> I've made a business decision to use the VT. It does a great job with the
> one-pass overpull tunings, which I do a lot of. Beats the heck out of having
> to do the aural pitch correction first, then a tuning -- which is what I
> used to do before. Saves the customer money, easier on me, great results.
>
> Now, from a purist's perspective, yup, I'll still argue for aural tuning.
> :-)
>
> John Formsma

I do the one pass aural overpull tuning pretty quickly. I did ten in
the last two days (earlier P22 post) in a community college,
anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes each - depending on how wild the
treble was. That didn't leave much time for scratching though, until
I got home. I probably need to make some adjustments...