Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:19:06 -0600

The damper timing I thought was determined by the manufacturer.  When =
the
key goes down it meets a couple of resistance points.  One, the end of =
the
key contacting the damper lift lever (but who can feel that?) , and two, =
the
jack contacting the let off button. (which everybody can feel)  Since =
the
contact between the key and damper lift lever is  what, 1/8 inch leeway =
what
difference does it really make?  The most important consideration is =
that
dampers lift as a unit as the damper pedal is depressed so that "half
dampening" can be utilized.=20

I can imagine asking any of the piano makers including Seiler who show =
up
for the National Convention where they prefer the key to hit the damper
lever and why.    ---ric   www.pnotec.com <http://www.pnotec.com/> =20

=20

=20