One Piano Per....??

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:47:57 -0800

Nothing wrong with a magnetic sign on your car...we are assuming you ca=
n do the work...anyone can hang out a shingle & public beware...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: pianotune05@comcast.net
To: "Pianotech List"
Subject: Re: One Piano Per....??

Well all pianos need tuning if they haven't been tuned.  Calling to sim=
ply ask to schedule a tuning isn't deceiving a potential customer.  If =
they have one, the'll tell me, or they'll discuss it with the person wh=
o handles piano tuning.

As for undercutting etc.  If a customer comes to me and asks for a bett=
er rate I'll do it.  My wife and I are in desperate financial circumsta=
nces, and I need the tunings.  I won't knowingly go to someone else's c=
ustomer, but if that customer comes to me then that's different.

As for joing the guild.  I'm in the process of getting my app filled ou=
t. etc.  If anyone here has a better idea than cold calling, I'm all ea=
rs, but I've done cold calling off and on for about 21 years.  I'm look=
ing into door hangers as well.
Marshall

From: "Barbara Richmond" <piano57@insightbb.com>