Working while tuning

KeyKat88@aol.com KeyKat88@aol.com
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:50:54 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2006 8:33:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pianotune05@comcast.net writes:
One of the cashiers kept asking customers if they wanted to take me with them
on their way out.  Imagine that,
Greetings,

           That cashier probably will always be a cashier and she/he knew it.
Perhaps the cashier was jealous that you have a high tech skill and she/he
didnt and is never going to for some reason or other unknown to you. When the
cashier made the snide remark, it was absolutely rude. IGNORE IT.

           As for your tuning time; I was the slowest tuner in my class. It
took me 16 hours to do my first complete 88 key tuning!..Yes, I had to return
the next day to the classroom and finish it, after spending 8 hours on it the
previous day!  My teacher used to get on me about my speed, or rather lack
thereof. With practice it settled down to 4 hours in the following 9 months. That
was 3 years and about 400 tunings ago. Now I tune in 1-3 hours depending on if
it needs a pitch raise or not. (average time 2 hr 10 min)  Keep tuning.
Please be encouraged. The more you do it the better and faster you'll get. Hang in
there, guy!

Keep the faith!
Best wishes
Julie,