Last Minute Cancellations?

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:27:01 -0500

Joe, this just happened to me yesterday, but mine was a little different
- a straight-up no-show...but I know the lady of the house is caring for
a sick husband. What I did was call and leave a message saying that I
was there, and please call to re-sched.

So far, no one has called.

Here is a case where a bill will be sent if I don't hear from them by
Monday. I use to feel differently about no-shows..giving people the
benefit of the doubt..we're human, etc.

But recently, I missed a Dr.'s appointment and they charged me $50. I
called the same day of the missed appointment, and they were not able to
get me in until 6 weeks later.

Needless to say, I wasn't happy about being billed, but I paid it.

This person, if she doesn't call, will not be happy about my bill. I
can't help that. A missed appointment is a lost opportunity for someone
else to receive my service.

In your case, send a bill and write them off(something I would have
never done up until recently)..it's not worth a second of your time to
worry about it..they certainly aren't worried about your time, or bottom
line.

Charge!

-Phil Bondi(Fl)