F3/A4 as pitch test

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:45:00

Hi John,

Yes it can be avoided--but the idea is to get to A4 with as short a path as
possible. The more "steps" in between the more possibilites for error
exist. f2 and b1 offer this with an A4 fork. F3 doesn't, nor does any other
method that I know about--if someone can find one I'll jump on that band
wagon. KISS principle in action!

At 08:20 AM 1/9/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>This F3/A4 stickler can be avoided by tuning from a C fork.
>
>I don't comprehend the devotion to an A fork when a C fork
>works just as well, actually easier in my understanding.
>
>Tune C4 to the C5 fork then F3 to C4 as a fifth,
>Tune G3 to C4, D4 to G3, A3 to D4, etc...
>
>Has worked for me lo these many years.  A440 every time.
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Jon Page

Regards,