F3/A4 as pitch test

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:12:57

Hi Ric,

Thank you for admitting that f2 and b1 are the preferred ways to "hit" A4
dead on.

If f3 a5 method is used with A5 as the coincident partial then A4 will be
sharp. This may be a "hidden" blessing as pianos as so reactant to pitch
change. It may offer "insurance" that the whole instrument will be raised
enough (if flat to start). Perhaps this is why Mr. Forss is recommending it.

At 09:50 AM 1/9/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>btw.. I just checked Carl Forss's latest book on tuning. He is one of
>the biggies over here in Europe.  He advocates the F3/A4 test for
>setting temperament.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7