Learning the overtone series

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:01:32 +0100

Ed, David

I have to agree wholeheartedly with those technicians like Ed who
advocate learning the overtone series and becomming very comfortable
with describing a tuning in terms of coincident partials.  I do not find
this capability at odds with your more whole tone approach to tuning
either. In fact I would think that employing that terminology would aid
in describing what exactly the differences are between the two approaches.

In any case...I dont really see how any real meaningfull discussion on
the subject matter can take place without a descriptive enough common
terminology.

Cheers
RicB