Loose Upright soundboard

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:24:05 EST

Steve
  If there is access enough then it is a simple matter to  drill a pilot hole
for dry wall screws thru the board from the back of the piano  & into the
soundboard liner. Get some glue into the joint any way  possible & then screw it
down.  The screws are the clamp.
  Dale Erwin

I have a  customer with a studio piano where the top of the soundboard has
come  unglued from the back frame.It seems to be only in the middle of the
soundboard. You can only get to this area from the back of the piano. Are
there any good repairs for this? I have heard of using screweyes in the  back
and running screws through them into the soundboard to pull the  soundboard
back in place while the glue dries. I have never done this and  just wondered
if it works? Any information will be  helpful.
Thanks, Steve Sandstrom