electronic pitch source

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:47:20 -0500

MessageHI James,
You mentioned temprature.  I often take the cit y bus system, and =
yesterday when I went to tune the preactice piano, my fork was cold from =
being in my breif case.  No I didn't get a tool box. I'm going to LOWES =
to pick up a good 24$ one with numerous compartments, looks like a metal =
breif case.  I like the idea that the pitch source is constant.  Turn it =
on and tune until it is matched.  The fork has to be struck over again.  =

Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: James Grebe=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:39 AM
  Subject: Re: electronic pitch source

  You might also consider the Sanderson Accu-Fork.  The good thing with =
a digital pitch source is that it is always accurate.  I usually say =
that the tuning fork is always there but not necessarily accurate due to =
temperature, whereas the digital source is always accurate but if =
something happens, it is not there at all.
  James
  James Grebe   Piano Tuning & Repair   Member of M.P.T. =20
  R.P.T. of the P.T.G. for over 30 years.   "Member of the Year" in 1989
     Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, Piano Benches, Writing =
Instruments
  (314) 845-8282   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
  BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
  pianoman@accessus.net
    ----- Original Message -----=20