MHA

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:39:17 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ric Brekne=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:01 PM
  Subject: MHA

  Carl writes:
  I have a Mason Hamlin A

  I remember a discussion abut the dreadfully short tail length.

  You will see that (photo attached) there is about 1/2 inch from the =
rear=20
  bridge pin to the start of the winding twist of the bass string.  Not =
much=20
  flexibility in that set up.

  My understanding is that as long as its wagging its not a big problem =
:)

  It's easy to see that even if the bass string is trying to move the =
bridge=20
  up and down, the plate is trying to hold it still.

  Holding the beasts tail eh ???  Well.. a short rope is a short rope no =
matter how you stake it... yes ?  Poor puppy is going to be choked no =
matter how waggly his tail is.

  What I'm trying to do is make the rope 2 inches rather than 1/2 inch.  =
That's almost 400 percent.  The 1 and 1/2 inches is more of a rod than a =
rope

  Carl

  Cheers
  RicB