adhesive for ivories

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:02:15 -0500

Cliff wrote:
For quick field repairs,  I find that my fingers are usually the
clamping
devices.  I often don't have the time to mash that sucker until PVC-E
sets.
About the time I think I've got it, I release my fingers, take a look
from
the key end and the darned keytop is smiling back at me.  I use CA.
If you're in a shop situation, concerned with color consistency as well
as
the glue joint, with the time to prepare both glue surfaces to fresh
wood
and ivory, I think the wafers might be the best way to go.

For quick and dirty color consistency with CA you can spray paint the
underside of the ivory white. It works

Dean