Silly Question #1 - What I Found

Richard Eldon BARBER bassooner42@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:15:12 -0800 (PST)

With the rail, the keys shouldnt have been allowed to jump off their
pins.  It was tightened down to the set bolt under the rail, which
could be out of adjustment.  Unless a tie strap wrapped over the piano
lifted the fall and grabbed keys as it sloshed around in shipment.  The
rail might have given slightly and held the keys in the position.
Maybe.
One worry would be did it distort any whippen, capstan, or key pins and
their bushings.  Did you notice side to side play, or tilted keys ?
My movers have always removed the packing rails on delivery, so the
owner can play it before the tech gets there.

R Barber
Morgan Hill, CA

It was in place and tightened down as it should have been.

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson <anrebe@sbcglobal.net> wrote:  What happened
to the rail over the keys?

Andrew Anderson