Separate business/personal accounts?

william ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 20:49:50 -0500

On Jan 3, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Andrew and Rebeca Anderson wrote:
> Co-mingling is what the tax-"services" call it.  Opening a second
> account in the same bank usually works well.  Sometimes they allow
> you to make electronic draws to your personal account but using a
> cheque is better for record-keeping.

Let's not overlook having separate business checking and savings
accounts, so that when you get a deposit on labor yet to be performed
or invoices for materials yet to arrive, that deposit can sit in the
savings account and not get dissolved in the daily ebb&flow flow in
the checking account.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
     ...........The new math