Separate business/personal accounts?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:57:19 -0500

Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Morgan
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:05 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Separate business/personal accounts?

Hello, all.

I'm a new tuner, after years in academia, and newly returned to the
self-employed field.  How important is it to have a separate bank
account for my piano tech income?  Can I achieve an appropriate level of
separation using Quicken, and 'subdividing' my single bank account?

This list has already been marvelously instructive, even the very long
string following Susan's New Year's Rant.  As you might imagine, I am
struggling with how to price myself/my services.

I'll not respond to each response, but will appreciate the input each
person provides.

Thanks,
Richard