Separate business/personal accounts?

Richard Morgan rsanbornmorgan@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:05:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello, all.

I'm a new tuner, after years in academia, and newly returned to the self-employed field.  How important is it to have a separate bank account for my piano tech income?  Can I achieve an appropriate level of separation using Quicken, and 'subdividing' my single bank account?

This list has already been marvelously instructive, even the very long string following Susan's New Year's Rant.  As you might imagine, I am struggling with how to price myself/my services.

I'll not respond to each response, but will appreciate the input each person provides.

Thanks,
Richard