Silly Question #1 for 2006

Rick Bazemore tunericks@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 03:39:01 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Dave.

Piannaman@aol.com wrote:          Rick,

  I don't know if you gotten an anwer to this question, but I don't see one, so here goes.

  I haven't unpacked new Yamahas, but I suspect that it is shipped like most other pianos.  There are probably strips of wood tied to action brackets to keep the hammers from flopping around during moving.  They are easily untied and removed once you get the action out.

  On some pianos, there are screws that press up against the pinblock from the action to keep it from sliding around when moved.  You may have to lower them to get the action out.  There might be wood blocks to wedge the action in.  These can usually be pulled out without much fuss.

  Check pedal adjustment, too.

  Dave Stahl

  In a message dated 1/2/2006 8:58:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, irs.pianos@earthlink.net writes:
    A word of wisdom from my early childhood teacher: If you ask a question-you will remain a fool for 5 minutes,But,if you don’t  ask the question,You will remain a fool  for the REST of your life,kapish?? Welcome to the List and be ready to learn.
  Best to you.. Isaac

---------------------------------

  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Rick Bazemore
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 11:06 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Silly Question #1 for 2006

    I have recently been asked by I piano dealer in NY (I live in GA) to go and remove the packing material from under the action of a new Yamaha GB1 that was recently delivered to one of their customers.  I have no dealer prep experience, but have been told that all I have to do is to remove the action and the packing material will drop out and thus allow the action to play.

    Is this true and all I need to know in order to do the job?  Like, are there any extra steps involved in getting the action out of the piano for the first time?  Any help will be appreciated - I am scheduled to do the job tomorrow.

    Thank-you.

signature

  Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service