Silly Question #1 for 2006

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 01:17:33 EST

=20
Rick,
=20
I don't know if you gotten an anwer to this question, but I don't see one, =20
so here goes. =20
=20
I haven't unpacked new Yamahas, but I suspect that it is shipped like most =20
other pianos.  There are probably strips of wood tied to action brackets to=20=
=20
keep the hammers from flopping around during moving.  They are easily  untie=
d=20
and removed once you get the action out.
=20
On some pianos, there are screws that press up against the pinblock  from th=
e=20
action to keep it from sliding around when moved.  You may have to  lower=20
them to get the action out.  There might be wood blocks to wedge the  action=
 in. =20
These can usually be pulled out without much fuss.
=20
Check pedal adjustment, too.
=20
Dave Stahl
=20
In a message dated 1/2/2006 8:58:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, =20