Advice needed on NewOctave Corporation 2

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:43:21 -0600

Claudiu,

New Octave doesn't seem to be very well known by the professionals on this
list.  We're a pretty passionate bunch and are usually happy to recommend
the companies we know and trust.  I looked at New Octave's website (whew!)
and can see that you might find them easy to order from.  I don't know if
the quality of their products is the reason no one has ever recommended them
to us.

Some of the suppliers that were suggested have been in business for years
(some slow to get up and running on the internet), worked through a printed
catalog (that one has to pay for) and made their offering available to
professionals only.  When a catalog is purchased, the price list comes with
it.  Then you have the fun of being able to browse through catalogs and get
familiar with what each company has to offer.  After you have an account
with the companies, you can order on line.

I understand the language problem.  What about Fletcher & Newman in the UK?
They speak <real> English, unlike Americans.  :-)   20 years ago or so,
when it was difficult to order quality bushing cloth in the US, I used to
order from them.

http://www.fletcher-newman.co.uk/

As with many of the supply companies, you will have to declare yourself a
professional to set up an account with them.

Good luck!

Barbara Richmond, RPT