What a relief!

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:39:21 -0600

I had a letoff screw break on me on the 3-note model so couldn't finish one "note." Passed anyway which shocked me.

Had to retake the grand reg, though, which shocked me 'cause I thought I had it nailed. Go figgure.

Practice is a goooood thing!

Bon chance!

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 02/26/2006 10:08:38 PM
Subject: What a relief!

 For those of you on the exam prep list, forgive the duplicate posting!

After failing both parts of the regulation test last July, I retook them this morning and passed both....ahhhhh....now I feel like taking a long nap!  I'll wait a little bit before scheduling the tuning test.

Tips for those who are going to take these tests:

If you're planning on having that extra cup of coffee to get up for the test, forget it!  You will not need the extra nerve boost.  Have a cup of herbal tea instead.  Do something to relax.  Listen to some really soft music on the way.  I went for a bike ride this AM to disperse the excess nervous energy I woke up with.

Make sure you get all parts travelled and aligned.  The actual regulation goes pretty smoothly once those things are done.  If you don't get things in a row first, you'll do lots of backtracking, which is one thing that cost me lots of time in my first attempt.

IMHO, the upright model assembly/regulation was far harder than the grand because of the 3-note factor.

Relax.

Relax.

Relax.

That's all I have to say...I'm going to sleep now!

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560