What a relief!

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:41:31 EST

For those of you on the exam prep list, forgive the duplicate  posting!

After failing both parts of the regulation test last July, I retook them
this morning and passed both....ahhhhh....now I feel like taking a long  nap!
I'll wait a little bit before scheduling the tuning test.

Tips for those who are going to take these tests:

If you're planning on having that extra cup of coffee to get up for the
test, forget it!  You will not need the extra nerve boost.  Have a cup  of herbal
tea instead.  Do something to relax.  Listen to some really  soft music on the
way.  I went for a bike ride this AM to disperse the  excess nervous energy I
woke up with.

Make sure you get all parts travelled and aligned.  The actual  regulation
goes pretty smoothly once those things are done.  If you don't  get things in a
row first, you'll do lots of backtracking, which is one  thing that cost me
lots of time in my first attempt.

IMHO, the upright model assembly/regulation was far harder than the grand
because of the 3-note factor.

Relax.

Relax.

Relax.

That's all I have to say...I'm going to sleep now!

Dave  Stahl

Dave  Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560