Spinet

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:54:40 -0500

Hi John,
I lost a mute in two pianos so far.  I have one of those long eye brow =
tweezer things but I couldn't get it out.  So in six months, when my =
customer reschedules, I might give it a try again.  I hate spinits too. =
I can't get my hands in that trebble area real well.=20
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Delmore=20
  To: 'Pianotech List'=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:02 PM
  Subject: RE: Spinet

  Hi Anson-

  Yeah, spinets are fun L!  The tuning pins may need CA, the pinblock =
could be bad, or you may need to work more on tuning stability-just =
takes time for that.  In the high treble, sometimes you can get a mute =
below the striking point, sometimes it's just a challenge.  Be very =
careful about mute placement, as it's very easy to "lose" a mute below =
the strike point!!  Good luck!!

  John Delmore

  =20

-----