Spinet

Anson Kao anson.kao@gmail.com
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:45:45 -0500

Hello everyone;

I am just starting out with tuning.  I did my first Spinet last night and i=
was terrible!  I see why they say expensive grands are easier to tune.  The
bass was in drastic condition and some of the strings had a dull sound that
I couldn't identify.  Some of the notes couldn't hold the tuning, once I
tuned it the pin would just slip back on its own.  Another problem I had wa=
I couldn't figure out how to mute the outside strings for the treble--there
was no space for a temperament strip and I couldn't figure out a good way t=
do it.  Thankfully it was just a friend's piano I was doing as a favour, an=
I got away with a rough tuning.  Anyhow, for any of you who have dealt with
these problems before, any advice?

Thanks
Anson