Steinway NY Re-Introduces the O (to replace the L)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:52:33 -0600

>>  Is there anyone still living and working for Steinway that has ever
>> designed a piano from a blank sheet of paper (or computer screen, now)?
>

> Hard to say.  Even if the answer is "yes", what kind of real-time
> experimentation has been done?  By whom?  etc.

Exactly my point. So where else could new models come from but
slightly modified old models. Old blood, you know, marriage of
cousins.

>>  If not, that means either hiring someone from (gasp!) outside, or
>> rummaging through the back room for old parts to recycle in a new
>> package.
>

> The latter is not available since someone-who-shall-remain-nameless
> shamelessly trashed everything out of the Ollie Meyer room..."no longer
> any reason to keep it
> around....".
>
> Best.
>
> Horace

They don't need documentation, if that's your point. They are
surrounded by artifactual three legged examples of their
history going way back. Living patterns. Just a matter of cut
and paste, as it were.

Ron N