Steinway NY Re-Introduces the O (to replace the L)

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:31:21 -0800

Hi, Ron,

At 03:17 PM 2/22/2006, you wrote:

>>O the cynicism ...
>
>Yea, I suppose. Seriously though, where else could Steinway get a
>new piano design that they'd put their name on?

Peter Mohr, a few others, perhaps.

>  Is there anyone still living and working for Steinway that has
> ever designed a piano from a blank sheet of paper (or computer screen, now)?

Hard to say.  Even if the answer is "yes", what kind of real-time
experimentation has been done?  By whom?  etc.

>  If not, that means either hiring someone from (gasp!) outside, or
> rummaging through the back room for old parts to recycle in a new package.

The latter is not available since someone-who-shall-remain-nameless
shamelessly trashed everything out of the Ollie Meyer room..."no
longer any reason to keep it
around....".

Best.

Horace