Steinway NY Re-Introduces the O (to replace the L)

James H Frazee jimfrazee@msn.com
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:25:03 -0500

In a factory visit in January, we were told by John Patton that the new =
square tail, 6'2" Model A is targeted to institutions, to be something =
affordable (@ $57,000) between the old L and the B.  It uses the same =
action stack as the B, as well as 16lb. felt hammers.  The ribs are made =
from sugar pine as opposed to Hamburg's which are made from spruce.  =
Dealers at NAMM responded well to the new A and have already bought the =
entire first year's production.

My guess is that, with the success of the new A (which would cannibalize =
L sales) the retrO seemed a logical next step.  JAG, though.