Waterbourne Finishes

Philip Jamison mortier@netreach.net
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:30:35 -0500

I like the waterbourne finishes for my infrequent refinishing jobs. I've
used both the clear and black, applying them with a foam brush. They build
up quite well and wet sand nicely (though you have to keep picking the
build-up off the paper). I applied the black over an old laquer finish, and
it adhered well. I also refinished half a sun-bleached grand rim with the
waterbourne finish, and I couldn't tell it from the other half, which was
sprayed with nitrocellulose lacquer. I used the "High Performance" brand
available from Woodcraft.

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA