Refinishing dilemma

Wayne Walker wayne.w@musicstop.com
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:28:12 -0400

I would take the top to a shop that does vinyl lettering. Most shops can
print on the vinyl and they should be able to duplicate this decal at a
reasonable price. I have been using this method for decals that are no
longer available. If you can't take the piece, then a good photo will work.
The decals can be spray over with no fear of damage from the finish.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner & Technician
MUSICSTOP LTD
1005 Dow Rd, New Minas, NS
B4N 3R4
Cell 902-221-1540
Fax 902-681-1463
HYPERLINK "mailto:wayne.w@musicstop.com"wayne.w@musicstop.com
HYPERLINK "http://www.musicstop.com/"www.musicstop.com
-----Original Message-----
From: John Delmore [mailto:jodel@kairos.net]
Sent: February 20, 2006 2:19 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Refinishing dilemma

Hi list!
I have a bit of a refinishing dilemma.  The old Brinkerhoff "lab" piano is
coming to the end of stripping.  Underneath the top, there is a beautiful
old Arts and Crafts style "warranty" decal, probably quite avant-garde in
1916.  I haven't been able to locate a duplicate, and think the only way
would be a really expensive custom reproduction.  I'm considering leaving
the underside alone, maybe a clear coat to seal (it's pretty crackled).
 That would also serve as kind of a neat "before and after" reminder.  I'm
not really planning on selling this piano, just a learning experience.   Any
thought, ideas, opinions?
John

   _____

It has removed 3655 spam emails to date.
Try HYPERLINK "http://www.spamfighter.com/Product_Info.asp?"SPAMfighter for
free now!