Tool Case from Menards/Verituner

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:54:38 -0500

Hi Tom from Chicago,
Are you going to the PTG meeting on Tues. night?  I'll meet you there =
I'm sure. =20

As for tool cases, I finally found one that works great.  I don't have a =
verituner at this point, so i'm Ok on space, but who k nows what the =
future holds. I use a business case I purchased at Office Depot.  It's =
not cheap, but has all kinds of zipper pockets and at lease three good =
sized compartments.  I'm thrilled with it because it also has wheels so =
I can pull up a handle and pull it along.  I can just push down the =
handle put it the car and it's ready.  I even have room for my student =
hammer just in case it might come in handy for something.  I could even =
put my lunch in there if  I needed.=20
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tvak@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:35 PM
  Subject: Tool Case from Menards/Verituner

  List

   There was some discussion lately about carrying cases for Verituners, =
and some discussion about tool cases from Menards.  I now meld those two =
discussions into one!

  This week I bought an aluminum tool case from Menards for $19.97.  It =
comes with a tool palette in the lid and a foam rubber insert.  This =
foam rubber insert is the coolest thing I've ever seen, especially for =
$19.97.  It completely fills the case, but has been scored or =
perforated, with tiny squares that can be removed.

  I tore away half of it, so that now half the case was filled with foam =
rubber, then removed the interior of the foam rubber so that the opening =
perfectly conforms to my Verituner.   This makes the Verituner cushioned =
by the foam rubber on four sides, and even the bottom of the case is =
soft rubber on the inside.  So I put it in face down, and it is =
completely protected.

  I never had a case that would carry the VT and my tuning tools, but =
now I have one for $19.97.  It also comes with little divider walls, so =
the other side now has  compartments for my tuning hammers, mutes, and =
tools that I use on a regular basis.

  I did have to go out to the car yesterday to get a tool I used to =
carry in my old tuning kit (the VT takes up too much room for me to =
carry everything I used to), but carrying one case for the VT and my =
tuning tools feels like a luxury!  And the smart aluminum styling says =
"Professional", so I looks good, too!

  One Happy Camper,=20
  Tom Sivak
  Chicago

  P.S.

  Hope this wasn't already covered in the previous discussion...I didn't =
read the entire thread...