tips

pianotune05@comcast.net pianotune05@comcast.net
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:44:12 +0000

Hi William,
I thought changing the head is easier than changing the tip.  I kept hitting my hand on the piano when tuning. I think I have the 5 degree head that came with the 21schaff hammer.

Someone mentioned a Jahn hammer.  I've seen one of them. The're pretty neat.  I also saw a hammer that had a screwdriver handle.
Marshall

From: "William Benjamin" <pianoboutique@comcast.net>

Marshall,

I would suggest you use a 15 degree knuckle and a number 2 medium tip.   You might try a long number 2 tip for those places that you mentioned.   Personally I have a Number 2 long tip with a 15 degree knuckle in my tool kit, because it is easier to change that way in the field.

William

PIANO BOUTIQUE
William Benjamin
Piano Tuner Extraordinaire