mice in the piano

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:44:02 -0800 (PST)

If you don't thoroughly clean the interior of the
piano, you will be putting whomever plays it in danger
as they, encouraged by the tuning, pound away on it
and kick up the residue under the keys, and breathe
it. But cleaning it will put you in danger. Much has
been written here about mouse-infested pianos, and you
should check the archives. I was coughing up blood for
a month once from tuning a  mose-infested piano, and
ended up at the hospital. Beware. If the infestation
is more than minor, tell her to get a  different
piano, and burn this one.
    Most definitely don't give it to a  poor family
"for their kids to learn on. " ( What rich people
usually do with infectious, dangerous pianos, in my
experience. )