tips

Don Price dcp3@twol.com
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:40:29 -0700

List   -  I've used the Hale hammer (lever), heads and tips for umpteen
years.  Needing to replace a couple of tips and since Hale is not longer
in business, I ordered from Schaff.   The Schaff tips fit the threads on
the hammer O.K., but the tip doesn't fit the pins as well as the Hale
tips did.   The Schaff tip seems to fit well on the pin at the very end
of the tip, but there seems an extreme amount in and out play (on an
upright) on the end of the hammer.   On a twelve inch hammer length, the
end of the hammer will move in/out 1 1/2 to 2 inches.   The Hale tips
let the hammer end move less than 1/2 inch.

Do any of you have a recommendation for another place to find tips which
provide a better fit with the pin?

Thanks.

Don