Piano Rebuild Client AWOL

Steve Ganz steveganz@mailaka.net
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:55:18 -0800

In Oregon we have a very stringent sequence we have to follow in order
to get our money from a client who for whatever reason doesn't pay.
These requirements must be followed exactly.  In the end, about 4 months
later, we can have it sold, but only for fair market value.  Out of the
money we get for the piano we can be paid for what is owed us.  The
rest, if any, must go either to the client or to the state if the client
cannot be found.  I have had several over the years but have yet to get
to the sale, since by following the legal sequence the client must be
notified in such a way (give me what you owe me or I will sell the
piano) that they usually work something out.  This is why I never allow
the piano to leave the shop until what is owed is paid.  With no piano,
no leverage for money.
Steve Ganz