Piano Rebuild Client AWOL

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:21:12 -0600

At 11:03 AM 2/15/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>
>Get any past due and future due funds ( to reassemble the piano and needed
>parts) in advance and send in writing to her a new contract stating what
>you are going to do and what warranty you will offer (if any) because the
>job will not be complete. Do not proceed without receiving a new signed
>contract from her. I have had this happen twice and it is no fun.  In fact
>one such problem is occurring now. Customer moved to Vegas and we have not
>heard from her in 5 + years !
>
>Steve Grattan

The term "mechanic's lien" keeps popping in my mind.

There should be a time stipulation.  I may be mistaken, but right now you
have a lien on the piano which can only be cleared by payment. With a clear
contract with a time clause, you would have clear title to the piano at a
specific time and be able to dispose of it as you wish. (i.e. try to sell
it and recoup some of your expenses)

Conrad Hoffsommer

Chi si ferma è perduto.