Harpsichord tuning

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 04:24:58 -0600

At 23:26 2/14/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,Aart!   Regarding Harpsichord tuning:don't forget to have all ot
>at least a few different sizes of string wires.Ask me how I
>know!!  Good Luck!!! {I really mean it!!}  Isaac

So true! Saturday I did a 2 manual about 70 miles from here. (not too
many people work on the beasties around here..) Only had to replace 2
strings.  The previous visit, I replaced 18!

Contact your customer and try to ascertain ALL maladies which may
have to be addressed. (Forewarned is forearmed.)   Take your
micrometer.  Learn the difference between types of brass wire. Also,
the difference between iron and steel types.   Practice making
hitchpin loops beforehand.    Prepare your customer that you might
not get everything done on the first visit.

As Isaac says, Good luck!

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.