Treble Tone Resonators, PianoTek

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:09:21 -0700

At 03:00 PM 2/14/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Sounds like a potentially good thing.  Now to compare it in cost to
>finding and installing brass...
>
>Andrew Anderson

Apples and oranges, my friend. Well... almost. Yes, there's a mass thing
about it, but I think it's more the bracing aspect that helps. We put one
on the old D at Enema-zoo and it had a noticeable beneficial effect on the
mid-to-upper treble. Clarity and sustain. We had several listeners, and the
test is easy. Quick install, and just turn the turnbuckle while listening.
It may not help every piano, but it's worth a try. Easily reversible, too.

Go for it.

Guy