Harpsichord tuning

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:10:15 -0600

Aart,
Your tuning hammer will not fit the tuning pins.  You will need to
order a harpsichord lever if the instrument doesn't come with one.  A
T-hammer is recommended.  I got the lever, but after having done it,
I wish I got the T version, low torque.  Plan on going through
quickly a few times if it has been a while since it has been
tuned.  The structure gives and moves around while you are tuning up,
hooray for cast iron plates.

Andrew Anderson