bass strings

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:46:23 -0800

Just got a set of bass strings.

As is my custom, I measured the core and outside diameter of each string.  I
didn't measure the length as the set was made from a paper pattern.

Note 25, a bichord  had core diameters of .037 and .039.  Maybe I'll put
those on just to see what it sounds like.  Replacements are on the way.

Reminds me of a piano from Europe several years ago that had a trichord
plain wire note with three different sizes.

Don't be half safe.  Check everything.  Murphy's law is still intact around
here.

Carl Meyer PTG assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.