flange bushing coth

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:39:22 -0500

Pardon my brain freeze, but what is  an (or, rather, *the*) optimal
thickness for flange bushing cloth? I've got a sheet of approx. .052"
bushing cloth, and plenty of high quality key bushing cloth of
various thicknesses. No, I don't have time to order Renner pre-
stripped flange bushing cloth.
The various articles from the PTJournal either suggest the Renner pre-
stripped, or a more nebulous "proper" thickness. The Renner and
Pianotek catalogs don't mention the thickness of their bushing cloth.
Schaff does quote .053" as their cloth's thickness, but I'm reluctant
to assume that Schaff is The Authority in this matter.
Thanks,
Patrick Draine