Blue handled mute

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:51:52 EST

Marshall, John,

Strip muting can be done with nothing to poke the felt in but your fingers,
except for the bass section occasionally.

Squeeze the felt together into a small loop with thumb and forefinger of
your right hand, then guide it between the strings with the forefinger of  your
left hand.

It's probably hard to get a picture of it, but after a while, it becomes
quite natural.

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 2/13/2006 6:34:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pianotune05@comcast.net writes:

I'll give that a try John. I was using either a screw  driver small one, or
the round end of a stick mute to put the strip in  .
Marshall

----- Original Message -----
From:  _John Formsma_ (mailto:john@formsmapiano.com)
To: _Pianotech List_ (mailto:pianotech@ptg.org)
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 8:56  AM
Subject: Re: Blue handled mute

Also great to insert strip mutes, or spread glue  around.

John Formsma

_Piannaman@aol.com_ (mailto:Piannaman@aol.com)  wrote:

It is not to be confused with the flat handled mutes with the  blued steel
handle, which work quite well.  After the rubber wears  out, you can even use
the handle to push a rag around in hard to clean  places under the strings near
the tuning pins.

Dave  Stahl

Dave  Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service