Blue handled mute

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:45:52 EST

I'll defer to others on this one.  I generally use a damp cotton  cloth, then
a dry one.  It seems to work okay.

Dave

In a message dated 2/13/2006 5:20:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pianotune05@comcast.net writes:

HI Dave,
Do you use anything in particular to clean inside the  piano besides a
vacuum?  Will something like 409 bother strings pins  etc?  I find the plate,
strings and pins to be quite filthy in  pianos.
Marshall

--------------  Original message --------------
From: Piannaman@aol.com

I have a blue handled mute that I bought from Schaff several years  ago.
It's a Papp's mute, made of plastic.  I found it to be  useless.  It has
disappeared into some black hole in the trunk of my  car.  It is not to be confused
with the flat handled mutes with the  blued steel handle, which work quite well.
 After the rubber wears out,  you can even use the handle to push a rag
around in hard to clean places  under the strings near the tuning pins.

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 2/12/2006 10:08:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,