Flat Belly Rail

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:26:38 +0100

Hi Terry

Are you saying that the <<beveled rim>> idea is basically the same kind
of thing as a curved belly rail ?  Is a flat belly rail a good idea then?

Thanks
RicB

Yes, but if you ever take a soundboard out of a piano and observe how
floppy
it is - especially an unribbed panel - you will quickly conclude that
whether you have an rim edge curved/arched/beveled does not likely make
much
difference at all.

I'll put an arch or a bevel on a rim piece that I am working on if the
shape
slaps me in the face and if it isn't much bother - but I don't think it
really makes much difference.

Terry Farrell