Upgrading.....

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:39:05

Hi Marshall,

Strip muting the entire piano takes longer than using just two mutes
outside of the temperament area. Even faster than two mutes is a single
"split mute" or "double mute". This will also contribute to stability as
unisons are done "as you go". The total saving in time per tuning amounts
to between 20 and 40 minutes.

If one must strip mute--use two strips and alternate between them.

The problem with the gang mute is getting *all* those fingers in the right
places--far more problematic than a temperament strip.

At 12:36 PM 2/12/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>HI DOn,
>Are those little gang mutes a time waster?  I'm trying to think of ways to
>speed up.  One that works well for me is this. When I"m finished with the
>center strings, I start at the trebble and pull the temp strip out and do
>the right stinrg. Then I either go back up or start at the end and do the
>left string.  I notice after I tune a piano the trebble sounds brilliant
>with a nice ring to it.  I think that's pretty cool  actually starting out.
>Marshall

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7