EMC and working time for soundboard panels

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:29:02 -0800

Does anyone know from their own experience what the approximate working time
is for a soundboard panel before it starts to appreciably change its EMC.  I
realize it depends on the RH and temperature, so let me be more specific.  I
know that I can maintain a 6.2% EMC by simply keeping my shop at 30% RH and
between 60 and 70 degrees F.  While I have no trouble keeping my
conditioning box at those numbers, getting my shop below 40% and stable is
difficult--though I can keep it around 45% relatively easily.  If I pull the
panel out of its 30% RH box into a 45% RH room, approximately how much time
do I have to work with it before it will move above 6.5%?  At 45% RH and
those temperatures listed above, the EMC would be more like 8.5%.  I'm just
trying to get a sense.  Also, approximately how much time is needed back in
the box to return it to 6.2% (assume 70o).