another CA question

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:17:12

Hi Dean,

I generally use between 2 (minimum) and 4 (maximum) oz of the glue. The
mega doses I mentioned were done by a clients--not by me. The same is true
of the other piano where 12 oz were used. Both pianos ended up going from
untunable to pleasant to tune--though I had some apprehensions about the 12
oz treatment.

What I am trying to illustrate is that it is apparently almost impossible
to use so much glue that the piano is destroyed, and that there is some
risk (at least with an upright) of not being able to apply a 2nd "dose".