Upgrading.....

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:54:18 -0500

Good points about the benefit of using something besides registered. =
However
name recognition has something going for it. RPT has been around long =
enough
that most professionals know about it. If you go messing with the R then =
we
have another period of time before the new designation carries meaning =
with
those we are trying to reach.=20

=20

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Cy Shuster
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Upgrading.....

=20

I agree about the title: "apprentice", "journeyman", "craftsman", =
"master
craftsman" are well-known terms.  Cars, mail, trademarks, and sex =
offenders
are "registered": stamped and labeled for tracking purposes.

=20

I think carrots are better than sticks in getting associates (like me) =
upgrade.  I greatly appreciate the daylong Associates Seminars at the
nationals (lots of work for the RPTs holding them), and the new ExamPrep
mailing list.  By advertising PTG membership for associates, customers =
can
at least know we have signed on to the code of ethics (why isn't that on =
the
public side of the PTG site, BTW?).

=20

I believe we each have a mission to educate the public about pianos and =
the
PTG.  While I wish the PTG had the budget to do more, the new website is =
great start.  I encourage all of us with sites to link back to ptg.org,
perhaps even to more than one area of the site.  Comments on my links =
are
welcomed.

=20

--Cy--